Monday, June 9, 2014

Touring Through Blogland

 
I recently was contacted by Angie from the blog, The Good Life and asked it I would participate in a blog tour. I met Angie a few years back when I hosted a blogger brunch.  She is an amazing woman, and I enjoy reading about her life out in the Midwest. 
 
I am suppose to answer 4 questions.   I love this type of blog tour for two reasons.  One reason is that you might get to know a little more about me.
 
The second reason is, I am introducing you two a few other bloggers that you may not know, that I love to visit.
 

 
So, here goes.
 
1.  What Are You Working On Right Now?
 
I am working on starting a new business, that I hope to announce soon.  I am really excited about this venture, because it incorporates a lot of the things I love, like design, working with others and being creative.
 
2.  How Does My Work Differ From Others in This Genre?
 
Well, I am changing the subject a little here.  Instead of talking about my new venture, I will talk about my blog.  I think that everyone's blog is different, because we all come to our blogs with different personalities and interests.  I love to post about House Whispering, gardening and cooking.  But I love to hear about all of my blog friends daily lives.
 
3. Why Do I Write/Create What I do?
 
Let's talk about creating.  I LOVE to find sad neglected homes and turn them into warm welcoming living spaces.  It doesn't seem like work to me.  It feels more like playing.  Obviously there will come a time when I will finally find my forever home and I will keep myself busy with my new venture.
 
4.  How Does Your Writing/Creating Process Work?
 
I know there have been times for all of us, when we wonder what the heck to blog about.  I mean how many times can I show you my garden, or fireplace mantel?  When I have writer's block, I travel through blog land, read some magazines, or get out of my immediate environment.  It helps me get my creative juices flowing again.
 
So now that you have learned a little bit about me, let me introduce you to 3 other bloggers that you may or may not know. 
 
Next Monday, they will be doing a post like this and introducing you to 3 other bloggers...and so on.  But in the mean time, I am happy to introduce the following blogs to you.
 
Kelly from The Essence of Home has a beautiful blog.  Kelly's blog is about cottage style decorating. She shares ways of decorating with soft neutral colors, antique store finds, and some flowers for a feminine touch. Her life revolves around her kids too so she shares family events as well.
 
Eileen from The Art of Living Beautifully is a writer/editor/designer by trade. In addition to designing wallpaper, fabric and gift wrap in her spare time for The Pink Home, she shares her decorating adventures and ideas on adding a little beauty to the world on her blog, The Art of Living Beautifully. She has been blogging for five years and spent the last two years completely redecorating her house. 


Kathy from Kathy's Cottage has been blogging for 7 years and her blog is mostly a diary of her life, family, garden and creative pursuits. She is currently in the process of beginning a design and art based business at home.
 
So head on over and visit Kelly, Eileen and Kathy.  I know you will enjoy their blogs as much as I do!


19 comments:

Pondside said...

I look forward to learning about your new business venture! Are you still working with mosaics?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I always enjoy your blog and look forward to visiting the ones you've mentioned! Enjoy your day my friend!

Vee said...

Oh some hints of things to come... I did head off to visit your two featured bloggers and very much enjoyed my visits. With Pinterest, we don't always feature bloggers as we once did. I have missed that!

Sue said...

I know any new business venture for you will be a huge success...you are so talented....which is what I love about bloggers...who would have thought so many people with so many different talents and interests...My life has certainly gotten more fun since discovering bloggers...and I'm glad you like to read about our everyday lives because sometimes I think I don't fit the blogger mold...I look at my blog just like Seinfeld...a blog about nothing....but it makes me happy and I think that is what blogging is all about!! Have a great week....off to visit Kelly..

Lorrie said...

It's fun to learn a little more about the bloggers we read. I'm looking forward to hearing about your new business.

Stacey said...

This is a fun post Penny. I do the same when I am completely lacking in things to say or blog about. Going out of my comfort zone helps get the thoughts rolling.

Cranberry Morning said...

Penny I so enjoyed your post today and being introduced to other bloggers as well!

Kelly said...

Oh how exciting! A new business venture huh? You've been keeping that secret. LOL! Can't wait to learn more about that. I guess I better get my post ready for next week now!

NanaDiana said...

That was fun! Can't wait to hear about your new business venture!

I think I need to go find a new blog you mentioned here- xo Diana

Mimi Sue said...

So fun Penny! Mimi

see you there! said...

Can't wait to hear about your business venture. I'll be sure to visit the blog links you posted, always enjoy meeting new to me bloggers.

Darla

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Penny, so enjoy your blog and the adventures you share with home, garden and decor ideas. Looking forward to hearing about your new venture.
Hugs!

Penny said...

I am curious about your new business venture Penny. I will see you soon!

Hugs, Penny

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Fun post and interested to learn what your new venture will be!

I've known Kathy as long as you and love her blog, they other two I'm not familiar with but will go visit!

The Good Life | Healthy Living said...

Penny thank you for playing along and for your kind words. Loved learning more about you and cannot wait to hear what your new business venture is!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Can't wait to hear about your new venture Penny!...Great "blog tour"....

NanaNor's said...

Hi again, Ok so I love your answers-but I do have a question before I head to your blogging friends to visit. What specifically do you mean by House Whispering? I love everything about your home and style and this intrigued me. Thanks for sharing today.
Noreen

Cecilia Bramhall said...

Glad to have found you via the blog tour! Love your site. I'm now following. Would love for you to visit and follow me back.
:o) Cecilia

valerietilsten59.blogspot.com said...

Hello and good morning Penny,
I am a new follower..just joined your blog.
came over from blog tour.. via Judy at Gold country cottage.
Hope to see you over at my side of the Atlantic.!
and reading more about you and your life.

wishing you a good week. Val
val's Alentejo.
valerietilsten59.blogspot.com