Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lunch and Shopping

Yesterday I went to lunch and shopping with the other Penny from Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen.  She just got back to NC from her winter home in Florida and it was wonderful to catch up!

We spent the day antiquing, clothes shopping and dining.

Lunch was at a little French restaurant called The Fig Bistro.

We both chose the salmon with cous cous, micro greens and lemon chive beurre.  It tasted as wonderful as it looks!

One of the delightful places we stopped into is called Porter & Prince.

It is a wonderful boutique filled with the most amazing bedding, lighting, furniture and accessories.  Every thing is beautiful and unique.  Look at this wonderful headboard and bed below!


This floor lamp was creating from a vintage porch column.  And, look at those great pillows!


The chandelier below is stunning.  The top nest looks like it is made with drift wood.  There are birds perch on top and gorgeous dripping glass shades float down...cascading soft light around the room.  If you are ever in Biltmore Village in Asheville, this is a store you would love to shop in.  I want to thank Debra, the owner for being so gracious and allowing me to take some pictures of her beautiful store.


While antiquing, I bought a couple of things.  I will show them in another post.

Today I was suppose to visit Gretchen at Birds Nest Cottage but is is raining very heavily here, so we rescheduled for Friday.


My herbs and lettuce love the rain....

What is going on in your life today?
Welcome Home,
Penny

19 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Grow garden GROW! Love this rain we are having today, Had been so long that I almost forgot what it sounds like on the roof. :-))

That pillow is really nice. Would love to have one.

Looks like you gals had fun on your outing.... :-))

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Our rainy weather has moved on. Possibly down to you! Tonight I am dining with an old friend. She called and asked me to come over to catch up and she is going to make us a great meal. He hubby will be gone and mine will be home with our youngest. Just us girls! Can't wait!

Mary said...

My two favorite Pennys dining and shopping in one of my favorite towns - wish I could have been there!

Love that shop.............the very beautiful, and quite unusual, chandelier is breathtaking.........so is everything else!

Bet that rain is headed our way......we need it now as it's been very hot for over a week and the garden is so thirsty. Your mini-potager is coming along well.

Looking forward to seeing what you purchased.
Hugs - Mary

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What fun and what a great shop. Raining here, too.

Vee said...

It suddenly dawns on me that you'll have more time for such excursions this year. What fun that will be!

Your gardens look wonderful in the rain. Do you remember when we spoke of overwintering geraniums? Well it would have worked if I had remembered them. They have come back all spindly and white from lack of light in the basement and that's without watering them. I'll try it again.

I found the neatest self-watering deck railing planters at the link you provided yesterday. Must put my order in as I want a small potager on my side deck just outside the door. So easy for grabbing something quickly and I don't want neighborhood dogs or cats in it.

The sun is shining. Our promise of rain fizzled. We need some.

Gretchen said...

It looks like you two had a fun day and the food looks yummy! I forgot to tell you that it hailed here last night along with the rain. See you Friday.

Gretchen

April said...

We got some much needed rain this morning and last night...makes me so happy! Boy, does that salmon dish looks yummy! That store is definitely the kind I think I could spend hours in!

Sally@Enlightenment for the Sleepy said...

wow that shop looks wonderful! I wish I could visit. Thanks for sharing, Sally xx

Happy@Home said...

I'm looking at the same thing out my window here in the Charlotte area. My plants are all heaving a sigh of relief as it's been awhile since we've seen rain.
Your day out with the other Penny sounds like a lot of fun. The salmon dish looks incredibly delicious. Love the unique chandelier.

Penny said...

Penny. Yesterday was perfect in every way. It was so great to catch up on everything. I don't think we stopped talking for 1 minute. What fun. We both made wonderful finds! And that salmon was the best I ever ate!
Hugs,
Penny

Kathleen Grace said...

Today is my day off so it began with coffee and treats at Panera with my sweetie. Then a little shopping and list making and errand running, with lunch with my SIL squeezed in there somehow. I so miss the days when I didn't work outside the home. My time is so limited now! Now I'm off to mkae some goodies for a baby shower tomorrow night! Full day.

Vanessa said...

Hi, Penny

I love your pics on the flea market makeovers. Its lovely! Have a great day.

Vanessa

Eileen said...

I love the shops there. It sounds like a wonderful day with a wonderful lunch. Your portable garden looks fantastic, too.

Debbiedoo's said...

What a lovely day indeed Penny. Been raining a miserable here too today. Cold too..went from blazing hot to freezing.

see you there! said...

Nothing like sharing a day with a good friend, eating good food, shopping in a wonderful shop. I just love that headboard.

Darla

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Oh Penny I just LOVE that headboard!! What a great shop!

Pamela said...

That looks like such a divine shop!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your lunch looks delicious, Penny! I could probably eat that, too {being gluten free}. Love that headboard. What a great focal point for a bed.

Susie Q said...

What a perfect day...my eye caught that sweet pillow. Through you I found Kijsa and her You Are My Sunshine pillow. It arrived yesterday! Now I see this pillow with the words...my Daddy sang it all the time and I just love anything with You Are My Sunshine on it!! : )
Love your garden in the rain...: )
Love,
Sue