Last October I purchased an old raggedy looking French Settee. The fabric was stained, the paint job was a bad faux gold with globs of red.
I knew it would be beautiful reupholstered and painted. I had never tackled an upholstery job like this before, but I was up for a challenge.
Here is Colette....all finished and pretty.
And here she is....perfect Frenchness!
Here is Colette when I first found her, with her stained fabric and faux gold finish.
She seems very happy...in my master bedroom. All she needs now is a pretty French painting over her, on the wall.
I used a painter's drop cloth as the fabric....it looks like French linen.
Here is an inspiration picture....From Country French Magazine.
If you want, in the next few days, I will do a tutorial on how I did this, including the paint technique and how I recovered her.