Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rock Paper Scissors

The title of this post is:

Rock ~ Paper ~ Scissors

You will see why in a minute.

Here are two pictures of my front landscaping.  We have been working on it this summer.  You saw me dig up sod and spread over 70 bags of mulch this summer.




It is looking really good!  It will fill in more next year.

Have you noticed that I have not shown many pictures of my backyard or back porch?  Well, it is not the prettiest of places. 

Sure the Potager looks good....but not much else.  Here are some pictures of  the way the back yard and back porch look right now.


See the stack of furniture on the left of the back porch?  That is my outdoor dining table and chairs.  It is too big for the porch. 

So here is where the ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS comes in.

ROCK
This is the rock we have picked out to become a outdoor dining patio.  It is going to go in our back yard between the two pine trees you see below.
In the picture above, you can see a group of chairs...somewhere near there will be a fire pit and gravel seating area.  This is where the PAPER comes in.

PAPER
This is a rough drawing (courtesy of Mr. Comforts of Home) of how the backyard will look.

And now for the SCISSORS part of this post.

SCISSORS
I am going to have to use scissors to trim the herbs and marigolds, so that when they lay gravel between the beds, the plants don't get hurt.

This is all taking place next Monday or Tuesday.  And we have been assured that the work will be done before my BLOGGER BRUNCH that is taking place on October 16th. 

By the way...we now have 15 bloggers coming to the brunch....anyone else out there want to come?  Email me!
Welcome Home,
Penny

29 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So exciting, Penny. Can't wait to see it in person.

Blondie's Journal said...

From the layout it looks like your yard is going to look spectacular! You have really great ideas!

XO,
Janie

Julie Harward said...

That will be so beautiful...and I want to come! ;D

Donnie said...

What a cute way to do your post. It all should look lovely soon. You two aren't doing the work are you? You could play games at the brunch called "Carry a Rock" and we could all help.

Vee said...

It's going to be so pretty. What a good way to turn a disappointment into a very good thing!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Penny, Your new landscape will be wonderful! I would tell the gals coming to brunch to wear work clothes. You put a group of bloggers together and they will fly through the project.
Hugs, Sherry

Mary said...

Yep, think I'll be wearing boots and work gloves on the 16th!! Good luck dear, no matter if you aren't done, it will still look fabulous!

Hugs - Mary

Melissa Miller said...

Wow! This is going to be amazing Penny. It already is.

Happy fall sweet lady!
~Melissa :)

Vanessa said...

Penny, it is my dream to have a patio like that! I would rip my deck out in heartbeat to have something so lovely and warm. It is going to look fabulous!
Vanessa

Susy said...

Your project looks like it will have a very happy ending. And I hope the weather is picture perfect for the blogger party.

Maria (a.k.a Angie) said...

Wow Penny. It looks like is going to be beautiful! Can't wait to see it! How very HGTV of you ;) Angie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

It's going to be gorgeous, Penny. My son in law does that sort of work to perfection and I cannot wait for him to get around to doing ours! What a lovely home you have!! Just beautiful!

Darla said...

Your backyard and porch look way better than mine do right now. I so need to work back there. Can hardly wait to see your transformation!

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Penny, it's going to look fantastic, bet you can;t wait to see it all done! take care, maryann

Penny said...

It will be beautiful Penny. I am so looking forward to the brunch. Nothing like scheduling a get together to spur one into action to finish projects!

Beverly said...

Penny, you are a constant inspiration. I know this is going to be gorgeous. Good luck.

Sherri said...

What wonderful projects you have going on!! Can't wait to see everything on the 16th!! I'm getting so excited about visiting with you and all the blogger friends!!

Shelia said...

Oh, Penny! I know you're just so thrilled about your landscaping to come! Your front beds look so lovely! I'm envious of your large back yard! Our is about the size of a postage stamp!! I've said it before, but wish I lived closer so I could come to your blogger get together! I know y'all have a ball!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Lisa ~ A Cottage to Me said...

Great post title! Everything is looking so good!

Donna said...

Penny, it's going to be wonderful!

Hugs,
Donna

Sandra said...

Penny, it's going to look stunning! I can't wait to see the results. Love your new home:)
Blessings,
Sandra

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You are making your house into a well loved home, Penny! Wonderful ideas!

Kathleen Grace said...

This looks like a great plan Penny. I will be interested to see how it turns out becasue I have been considering some gravel areas in our backyard, since itis a pretty cost effective treatment. Now I get to see how it would look!

Kathleen Grace said...

By the way, the front looks just beautiful:>)

Sarah said...

Looks like a great project. I know this will be a space you use often. I like the idea of a fire pit. Can't wait to see the finished project.
Clever title by the way! ~ Sarah

Jeralee said...

A lot of work, but it will look fantastic when it is done!

gena said...

oooooh, that's going to look amazing ! can't wait to see it all !

gena
www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

Love it all Penny! Can't wait to see it all completed! We have grand plans for our back yard as well but it will have to wait.

petite nyonya said...

Hi, you have such a gorgeous home. I saw your before and after interior pictures, the deco is amazing!